Sunday, May 31, 2009

Let The Project Begin

Welcome River Rats to the Sloan River Project touring blog! I'm Matt Sloan, and I'll be your guide and spiritual advisor for the next ten days or so. The other members of the band will also be posting and contributing, but as the head "roadie" for the band I feel like this blogging thing is pretty much my responsibility. That being said, off we go...


It's day one of the SRP tour and I'm watching Josh pack up the Wii while Steven eats cake for breakfast - don't ever let it be said that we don't have our priorities in order. Last night the band made a very successful debut at Hensley House to an enthusiastic crowd of family and friends. Following that we did what all good bands do after a show and PARTIED!! By which I mean we had dinner and drinks (those of us of legal drinking age), came home, smoked some hookah, ate pie, played Mario Kart and went to bed. We're still working on the whole "party like a rock-star" thing.

Well it's about time to hit the road so let me wrap this up...I hope you enjoy the blogging. Feel free to comment, and also you can follow us on TWITTE @ http://twitter.com/TheSRP.


We'll be in Greensboro tonight, playing at Holy Trinity Episcopal, 607 North Greene St. Show starts @ 5:00! Hope to see you all there!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for getting this blog going, Matt! I hope show 2 is rockin'. Sprig is wondering where everyone went. I''m watching Newhart; this is my brother Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl...

    Lookin' forward to hearing how Gboro show went.
    Keep caring for each other on the road; friends don't let friends eat something even resembling two cheesy westerns.

    peace and love, e he

    ReplyDelete